Qwest Expands Cloud-Based Services with Introduction of Real-Time Application Recovery
Brings Fortune 100 Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery Capabilities Down-Market
DENVER – August 26, 2010 – Qwest Communications (NYSE: Q) today announced enhancements to its business continuity/disaster recovery portfolio with the launch of Qwest Real-Time Application Recovery™. The new cloud-based service keeps business operations running uninterrupted in the event of a system failure and at a much lower price point than conventional backup solutions.
- While robust enough for the Fortune 100, the solution is ideal for the small- to medium-size business. It requires no capital expense, no technological lock-in, no in-house expertise and minimal administrative costs.
- By partnering with Geminare, a leader in the Recovery as a Service (RaaS) market, this hosted cloud-based solution protects the most popular applications, including e-mail and databases, with zero capital investment and no onsite hardware requirements by being fully managed hosted in a Qwest CyberCenter.
- The service trumps most online backup options by delivering an advanced, high-availability solution with greater reliability and value. Previously, comparable services were only accessible to large enterprises able to fund custom-built, costly dedicated hardware and software systems.
- Should a server or network disruption occur, customers using Qwest Real-Time Application Recovery have immediate and secure access to their e-mail, file and database server content regardless of whether they are working from a remote location or company headquarters. The solution is fully automated and requires no intervention on the part of the user or customer IT staff.
- Qwest Real-Time Application Recovery offers true visibility into the protection and disaster recovery status by offering frequent, detailed and complete non-disruptive health checks.
Eric Bozich, vice president of Qwest Product Management
“By combining Qwest powerful CyberCenter capabilities with Geminare’s continuity solution, we’re delivering a complete enterprise-grade solution. This cloud-based offering continues to enhance our portfolio with solutions that are attractive to the smaller-size company, yet robust enough for the largest corporation.”
Joshua Geist, chief executive officer, Geminare
“Qwest is ahead of the curve in its cloud computing offerings, making the company a market leader and a perfect partner to capitalize on the multi-billion dollar RaaS opportunity. In addition, Qwest’s commitment and attention to every aspect of its managed services business is impeccable and its extensive market reach will ensure that companies are exposed to our game-changing RaaS technology. We are delighted to be associated with such a reputable company.”
Jim Davis, senior analyst, Networks & Media, Tier 1 Research, Inc. “Reliability and downtime aren’t just concerns of the CIO; they are key concerns for owners of small and medium-sized business as well, but smaller firms haven’t been able to afford enterprise-grade disaster recovery and business continuity services. Tier1 Research estimates that the cloud infrastructure market will grow from $500M in 2009 to $4B by 2013, with cloud storage representing 43 percent of that total. Part of the reason for this rapid growth is that cloud computing enables businesses of all sizes to access innovative offerings such as cloud recovery services, which solve core disaster recovery and business continuity challenges for the SMB market.”
- Video: Tour a Qwest CyberCenter
- Video: Ensure the Safety and Security of Your Data – Qwest Cyber Centers
- Qwest CTO Commentary in Forbes: Experiencing the Cloud
About Qwest Business
Fortune 500 companies choose Qwest Business to deliver a comprehensive portfolio of data and voice networking communications solutions to enterprises, government agencies and educational institutions of all sizes. The Qwest network backbone covers the entire continental United States and has one of the largest fiber footprints in the U.S., capable of supporting 40 Gbps data transmission rates now and 100 Gbps soon. Go to Qwest.com/business to see why enterprises coast-to-coast rely on Qwest for first-class communications solutions and to learn more about Qwest’s commitment to perfecting the customer experience.
The marks that comprise the Qwest logo are registered trademarks of Qwest Communications International Inc. in the U.S. and certain other countries.
Carolyn.Tyler [at] qwest.com